Your body needs some amount of fat to be healthy and to function optimally. Fat is the cushion that protects your vital organs from injury. Too much fat accumulation mainly occurs because you’re taking in more calories than you’re burning.
Fat accumulation depends on several factors but is primarily determined by genetics. Men usually store their unburnt fat in their bellies while women store in their hips, lower abdomens, and inner thighs, all of which are stubborn fats that are hard to lose. Hence, the rising concern-how to lose inner thigh fat overnight?
Table of Content
- 1 What Causes Inner Thigh Fat?
- 2 Why Is Inner Thigh Fat Hard To Lose?
- 3 How To Lose Inner Thigh Fat Overnight?
- 4 Best Diet To Lose Inner Thigh Fat
- 5 Workouts To Get Rid Of Inner Thigh Fat
- 6 8 Toning Exercises To Lose Inner Thigh Fat
- 7 Positive thinking
- 8 Common mistakes that make your thighs fatter
- 9 Last thoughts
- 10 FAQ
What Causes Inner Thigh Fat?
In women, butt and thigh fat is a design default. Having enough fat around the hip area is essential to shield the baby throughout pregnancy and is vital during breastfeeding. According to some research, it is also seen that women with more leg fat are at less risk of developing cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
Why Is Inner Thigh Fat Hard To Lose?
Leg fat is mostly a result of non-negotiable factors like genetics, bone structure, and body shape. It is the most stubborn fat to lose. With age, new fat cells develop in thighs and hips to support fertility, making it harder to burn.
As you look to lose weight on your lower half, it also means you’re losing the muscle mass of the biggest muscles in your body. Reduced muscle mass means reduced metabolism, so it will take longer to break down food in your body, resulting in difficulty losing weight and fat.
How To Lose Inner Thigh Fat Overnight?
Nothing happens overnight. Burning fat takes a lot of patience and effort. Inner thigh fat often comes off as unappealing and can make you feel bad about your body.
Slimming down to a healthy weight will boost your self-confidence and promote body positivity resulting in overall well-being. Instead of focusing on blasting your inner thigh fat overnight, kick start with realistic goals; losing weight at a healthy rate over time. You can achieve this by following a healthy diet and regular exercise routine.
Best Diet To Lose Inner Thigh Fat
Following a calorie-restricted diet and intermittent fasting are the most effective ways to cut down inner thigh fat and other body fats such as under belly fat and upper belly fat. Nevertheless, avoiding food is not the only factor you should consider for quickly losing inner thigh fat.
Learn about your body type first
It is essential to recognize your body type before setting a diet plan to trim your thigh fat. Keep in mind that no matter how much weight and fat you lose, you might not be able to achieve the ‘thigh gap’ you desire unless you have the corresponding body shape and bone structure.
Create a calorie deficit
A calorie deficit is an answer to the most common question asked-how to lose inner thigh fat without exercise. It can result in a loss of about one pound per week without any kind of exercise.
A calorie deficit is the number of calories that you reduce from your regular consumption of calories. The decrease in calorie input means that your body burns fat for energy instead of carbs.
Just estimate the number of calories you need to run daily functions optimally and measure how much extra you take to reduce it down to create a calorie deficit. It is a very effective way of reducing weight, although there are several reasons why you might not shed weight even with a calorie deficit.
So, don’t depend on the deficit only. It’s time to think of other alternatives of how to lose inner thigh fat overnight.
Live on weight loss friendly food items
Workouts are of no use if your diet is trash. Below are some tips that discuss things to include and avoid when making a calorie-restricted diet plan.
Whole-grain foods are a good source of dietary fiber. It is seen in studies that adjusting your diet to include around 30g of fiber daily is enough to trigger weight loss. Whole-grain foods include fruits, vegetables, unprocessed brown rice, brown flour, and many more.
Lean proteins for lean thighs
Losing weight is often integrated with muscle loss, so at least one gram of protein per pound of body weight is essential to maintain muscle mass.
Lean proteins include poultry like chicken and turkey, oily fish, egg whites, nuts, and legumes. Be wary of the portion size, though.
Drink lots of water
Water washes away toxins, bodyweight metabolism, and makes you feel full, so drink loads of water!
Eat low-fat dairy
Dairy products contain calcium that helps regulate how fat cells store and break down fat, promoting weight loss, so swap with low-fat dairies like low-fat milk and unsweetened yogurt.
Limit alcohol intake
Alcohol intake reduces fat burning, making it difficult to melt down fat. And it can seriously hamper your journey of how to lose inner thigh fat overnight.
Avoid processed and fast foods
Fast foods are loaded with calories and trans fat. Trans fat increases the bad cholesterol levels in your body. Processed foods also contain a lot of sodium, which causes water retention and makes you look bloated, ultimately making your thighs look bigger.
One meal takes up your calorie intake for the entire day. And if you’re pairing your meal with shakes or sodas, it increases fat intake even more. So, avoid fast and processed foods altogether and replace your shakes with keto meal replacement shakes.
Workouts To Get Rid Of Inner Thigh Fat
Find the right exercises that promote length, tone, and leanness.
Walk, run, bike, swim, do yoga or go for a lovely weekend hike. Cardio exercises burn calories and help create a large calorie deficit.
High-intensity interval training (HIIT)
HIIT is an intense form of cardio exercise that is arguably the most effective way for blasting fat. They are short bursts of aerobic exercises that are done with small breaks in between.
The usefulness of HIIT lies in the fact that you burn fat even when you are taking a break as a bonus aftereffect of the intense cardio workout. It increases your body temperature and blood flow and also releases fat-burning hormones.
Exercises include running up a hill with an intense incline, swimming for long distances, etc.
Resistance training or spot training is a muscle strengthening workout that burns calories and tones muscles of a particular body area only.
It is often considered a fitness myth since trimming the fat is an overall process and not site-specific. However, according to recent research, it is possible to boost regional muscle strength.
8 Toning Exercises To Lose Inner Thigh Fat
Let me show you some toning exercises that will lead you to think about how to lose inner thigh fat overnight. Without making further ado, let’s get the details.
Lunges are one of the most useful ways to lose inner thigh fat in less than two weeks. It helps in losing inner and back thigh fat, also known as banana roll fat. Perform “glute bridges” to target your glutes and hamstring muscles to improve posture and reduce back pain as well.
- Start by standing straight. You can hold a medicine ball or a pair of dumbbells, but that’s optional. An easy way is to keep your hands on your hips.
- Take a big step forward and make sure to keep your foot steady on the ground. Lower your back knee and go as straight down as possible rather than moving forward.
- Stop right before your knee is close to the floor and come back up to the starting position.
- Do ten repetitions with one leg. Then repeat with the other leg.
- Make sure to include side lunges that you can do in the following way-
- After steps 1 and 2, lower your hips to any side you want.
- Squat down. Don’t just lean towards one side.
- Bend to the side and make sure your leg on the other side is straight and extended.
- Get back up and repeat on the other side.
Include lateral movements and go slightly further than the hip distance to improvise and tone your thigh muscles.
- Stand with a wide stance with your chest out and your shoulders back. Holding a dumbbell is optional.
- Hold your hands forward for better balance and sit down like you’re sitting on a chair behind you. Go down low enough, so you’re parallel to the floor.
- Make sure to keep a distance between your thigh and lower leg when you’re going down. Then stand up.
- As a beginner, do 1-3 sets with ten repetitions on each leg. Take about 20-30s break in between. As you get used to squats, increase the number of sets and repetitions.
Wall squats, known as wall sits, are also crucial in toning your thigh muscles
- Find a wall and get into a squat position.
- Balance your weight on the wall. Now slide down your body along the wall until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Make sure your ankles are aligned with your knees when you’re in a squat position.
- Keep your legs at 90 degrees until you feel a strain on your thighs. Hold yourself in that position for about 30s to 1 min as a beginner. Increase your hold time as your master wall sits.
- Stand back up.
Thigh lifts and legged hip bridges
- Lay on your back with your arms to your side. Bring your legs close to each other and bend your knees.
- Then lift one leg and keep it straight, so you feel pressure on your thigh.
- Hold your leg for a few seconds when you reach the top and then slowly descend your leg.
- Try not to let your hips rest on the ground in between repetitions for legged hip bridges. It’s okay if you’re doing thigh lifts only.
- Repeat with both legs to initiate the journey of how to lose inner thigh fat overnight.
Deadlifts or weight lifting can be a great cardio exercise, but it is not something you can try at home. Make sure to do it with a personal trainer with precautions.
Butterfly stretches to improve flexibility and also lengthens inner thigh muscles.
- Sit straight on your training mat or on the floor. Make sure you don’t slouch. Bend your knees and place the soles of your feet together to resemble a butterfly.
- Move your heels as close to your groin as possible, start putting pressure on your thighs, and count to ten. Then release the pressure to put your thighs up. Bend your head toward your feet without moving your thighs if you can.
- Repeat this exercise 5 times but be careful not to apply too much pressure on your muscles. Otherwise, you’ll harm yourself more than you benefit.
- Stand straight with your hands on the hip and toes facing forward.
- Bend your knees and jump straight up while extending your legs to the sides and your arms above your head into the air to explode into a star.
- Bring your feet together while landing.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Lie down on your back with your palms flat on the floor, and your legs stretched out. Then raise your legs towards the ceiling.
- Your right leg needs to be a bit higher in the air than your left one.
- Lower your legs as much as possible (preferably 45 degrees to the ground) while ensuring not to lift your back.
- Sway your legs in the air allowing your legs to cross each other. Swing your legs as if you’re cutting a piece of paper.
- Do 2 sets of 30 reps each.
Cross stepping and step-ups
- Just walk up the stairs! Cross one leg over the other and move up to the next stair.
- Repeat the same movement with the other leg until you’re at the top of the stairs.
- For step-ups, just find a box, put your feet on top of the box, and then back down like climbing the stairs.
- Stand straight into as wide a stance as you can.
- Get into a squat position and place your hands in front of you.
- Jump up and forward while your hands go back, so there’s more pressure on your thighs.
- Land on your toes on a soft note. Bend your knees and sit into your hips with your toes up. Repeat.
- To turn frog jumps into intense cardio, try to touch the ground with your arms and do it as fast as possible without taking any breaks.
Leg fat is immensely stubborn, so it is essential that you love and appreciate your body throughout the process because losing inner thigh fat requires a lot of patience and endurance.
Common mistakes that make your thighs fatter
Being a cardio junky
The duration of cardio is not proportional to the amount of fat loss. Too much cardio releases hormones such as cortisol that holds back fat. You will end up worrying more about how to lose inner thigh fat overnight.
You might be tempted to rush things but don’t overtrain yourself. Not only does it exhaust you, but it also causes several health problems, including muscle and joint strains.
Doing cardio alone
Supplement it with strength training exercises for ideal body composition.
Sticking to one form of cardio
Switch up different forms of cardio and engage other muscles, so your body doesn’t get used to the same activity.
How to lose thigh fat overnight is a common question based on how frustrating it is to lose this stubborn fat. Pairing a planned weight loss diet and a good exercise routine with a positive mind will help you achieve what seems impossible now.
How do I lose inner thigh fat while lying down?
There are several exercises like air kicks, leg lifts, and pulses that you can do without getting out of bed that help burn inner thigh fat.
How long does it take for inner thigh fat to go away?
Varies in different individuals. It can take from a week up to five weeks or more.
Does walking burn inner thigh fat?
Walking, without doubt, is the best cardio when done in moderate intensity but is not enough to burn thigh fat. Combine brisk walking with squats for a significant impact.
How to lose upper thigh fat by yoga?
Yoga gives better balance, tones muscles, and makes you flexible, so there is no pressure on your joints, so you’re less prone to injury.
What is the fastest way to lose thigh fat?
Proper diet and regular exercise with a positive mind, and you are good to go. Read the article for more info.
How do you get rid of inner thigh fat?
Other than the ways mentioned above, surgical procedures like coolsculpting are not healthy irrespective of incisional involvement. So be patient and follow the tips mentioned about how to lose inner thigh fat overnight.