Vegetables Only Diet- A Beginner Guide
A vegetarian diet is best for those who love to eat vegetables. Their food does not include meat or fish. Although you can have dairy products and eggs, sometimes, it is not necessary to get all the nutrients from meat to stay healthy. Vegetables only diet can lead to better health for several reasons.
Firstly, people who follow a meat-free diet consume a large proportion of healthy, fresh, and plant-based foods that are rich in fiber and antioxidants.
You are more active in making healthy choices regarding your meal. Secondly, eating only vegetables may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, various types of cancer, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
So, are you a veggie lover? And you want to know what happens to your body when you diet with only vegetables? Then this article is a must-read for you as it will answer all your questions.
Table of Content
- 1 What is the Green Veggies Diet?
- 2 How Can You Get Started With a Veggie Diet?
- 3 Which Nutrients Are Vital For Your Body?
- 4 Benefits of Eating Vegetables Only Diet
- 5 Diet Plan of Vegetable Only Diet For Weight Loss
- 6 What are the Disadvantages of a Vegetarian Diet?
- 7 Bottom line
- 8 The FAQs About Vegetable Only Diet
What is the Green Veggies Diet?
A diet that excludes meat, fish, and poultry is known as a vegetarian diet. Sometimes green vegetables only diet is followed by people due to religious or ethical reasons, and some follow due to its possible health benefits. Following are the main types of vegetarian diets:
- Lacto-vegetarian: This type of diet allows you to eat dairy products but does not include eggs, meat, and fish.
- Lacto-ovo-vegetarian: You can have eggs and dairy, but meat and fish are not allowed.
- Ovo-vegetarian: This diet includes eggs, but dairy, meat, and fish are not your options.
- Vegan: Vegan diet is famous, and it excludes all animal products, including dairy, honey, and eggs.
The main focus of vegetarian diets is fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grains, legumes, and seeds. All these particular foods have low calories.
Fat and proteins when compared to animal foods. Fruit and vegetables only diet is rich in micronutrients, fiber, and beneficial plant compounds.
Vegetarian diets help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, obesity, and diabetes. When people transition to a vegan or vegetarian diet, they tend to lose weight.
Another plus point of all vegetable diets is that you do not have to count calories or increase your workout hours to reduce weight.
How Can You Get Started With a Veggie Diet?
If you are new to the diet of just vegetables, this section of the article is useful for you. Here are some easy tips to make sure that you are on the right path of your weight loss journey.
- You need to start learning about all the nutrients necessary in the diet and how you can obtain them.
- Gather some exciting recipes from the internet and also consult your doctor before you start this diet.
- You should have a weekly shopping and meal plan to avoid any confusion.
- Meat-free dishes that provide complete protein should be your priority.
- You can start with simple foods first like mac and cheese, salad and then move on to other meal plans.
You must make some changes in your diet when you start getting used to it. This will help you to make your diet more exciting.
Sometimes, dietary changes are also recommended to avoid any health problems.
For instance, a prolonged diet of only vegetables and beans may lead to temporary digestive issues like bloating.
If you are planning to omit meat from your diet, then you should follow these tips to make sure you have a balanced and nutritious diet.
Choose Whole Grain Products
Foods such as whole wheat bread, brown or wild rice, and whole grain cereals are rich in Vitamin B complex. Make sure to add whole-grain foods any meal you like.
Variation in Your diet
It is necessary to make changes in your diet with fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts and whole grains. So, you can stick with a fruit and vegetable diet plan for the long term.
Dairy products and eggs
You should use eggs, dairy products in moderation. Soy milk is also a good option in this diet.
Ensure proper intake of Vitamin D
You have to make sure that your vitamin D level is normal, especially if you are an indoor person, and your exposure to sunlight is low.
Avoid junk food
No matter if junk food or fast food is labeled vegetarian, it remains unhealthy, and it is high in calories. You also need to check the labels of healthful vegetarian snacks to ensure they do not contain a high amount of salt, sugar or other additives.
Which Nutrients Are Vital For Your Body?
A boiled veggies diet is useful and safe for all age groups. But it is essential to have a proper plan to obtain all the vital nutrients required by your body.
When you are eating only boiled vegetables, you may experience a deficiency of some essential vitamins and nutrients.
For your ease, we have made a chart of the nutrients that can be deficient during the vegetarian diet.
Some people might need supplementation to boost the levels, especially women who are pregnant or lactating mothers.
|Calcium||1000-1200 mg||Milk, cheese, tofu, yogurt, kale, turnip and broccoli|
|Iron||8-18 mg||Chickpeas, lentils, spinach, cashew nuts. For better absorption consume with Vitamin C|
|Vitamin D||15-20 mcg||Soy milk, fortified dairy, breakfast cereals. Exposure to sunlight.|
|Protein||46-56 mg||Milk, eggs, soy milk, pulse and cereals.|
|Zinc||8-11 mg||Fortified cereals, dairy products, dried beans, cereals.|
|Vitamin B12||2.4 mcg||Eggs, yeast, cereals.|
|Iodine||150 mcg||Yogurt, milk, cheese, seaweed, bread, macaroni, prunes, apple juice, bananas and green peas.|
A vegetarian diet contributes to healthy dietary choices, but it will not guarantee a balanced diet. It is compulsory to keep check of the essential vitamins and nutrients to avoid any deficiency. It is necessary to plan a healthy diet of only vegetables and beans.
You also need to cut back sweetened beverages, fruit juices, and refined grains, primarily if you aim to lose weight. Daily consumption of 2000 calories with a vegetable diet should mimic the plan as follows.
|Vegetables||2 ½ cups daily|
|Fruits||2 cups a day|
|Dairy||3 cups a day|
|Whole Grain||6 ½ ounces in a day|
|Oil||27 grams a day|
|Protein||3 ½ ounces a day|
Benefits of Eating Vegetables Only Diet
Fruits and vegetables only diet is associated with high consumption of fiber, Vitamin E and C, folic acid, magnesium, unsaturated fatty acids, and phytochemicals.
Diet of only vegetables is easily digestible in your body, takes less time to cook, and, most importantly, saves your money.
We have listed down some fantastic benefits of a vegetarian diet. So, keep reading!
Increases life span
Many factors attribute an increased lifespan; vegetables and fruits diet is one of them.
Higher consumption of fruits and vegetables leads to less accumulation of toxins and chemicals inside your body.
As a result, you enjoy a long and healthy life.
Decrease cholesterol levels
If you suffer from hypercholesterolemia, eating only fruits and vegetables for a month can make your cholesterol level healthy.
Eating animal food has no health benefit because the primary source of cholesterol is from animal foods.
Vegetables, fruits and nuts only diet is free from cholesterol. No doubt, cholesterol is an essential component of your body.
Vegetarians do not need to worry about low cholesterol levels as their body is going to produce cholesterol from vegan foods.
According to the latest research, body fat and cholesterol levels are lower in veggie lovers as compared to omnivores.
The risk of stroke and obesity is Reduced
People who prefer a steamed vegetable diet are more conscious about their dietary choices.
They usually eat moderately and do not overeat, which can prevent them from obesity or having a stroke.
So, a vegan diet reduces the chances of stroke or obesity.
Risk of Diabetes is Reduced
Non-vegetarians or meat lovers experience elevated sugar levels.
This can be avoided if non-veg people swap over to a vegan diet. Normal blood glucose levels are maintained.
A healthy vegetarian diet is easily absorbed, contains less fatty acids, and is nutritious.
Gives Flawless Skin
If you want to have a glass skin, then you need to eat a balanced amount of vitamins and minerals with plenty of water.
Vegetables, fruits and nuts diet are rich in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Antioxidants prevent your skin from free radical damage. You can also have vegetables in raw form as they are water-based and improve the intake of healthy nutrients.
Rich in fiber
Fruits and vegetables only diet is rich in fiber content, which is necessary for proper digestion.
It improves the metabolism of the body and helps in the elimination of toxins and chemicals from the body as vegetables are water-based, which also prevents you from dehydration.
A vegetarian diet helps to reduce depression and anxiety. People following a vegetable only diet plan tend to be happier when compared to non-vegetarians.
Furthermore, most vegetable foods have an element of freshness, especially when they are organic.
So, it keeps our thoughts positive and cleanses our minds.
Eating only fruits and vegetables for a week speeds up your metabolism. This helps to shed off your excess weight because fruit and vegetable diet weight loss results are remarkable.
Diet Plan of Vegetable Only Diet For Weight Loss
A vegetarian diet is best to shed your extra pounds. This diet is low in calories, increases longevity, and reduces the risk of chronic diseases.
But you should bear in mind that poorly planned or restrictive vegetarian diets can lead to severe deficiencies and health issues.
We are providing you with a 7 days fruit and vegetable diet. It will be suitable if you are a beginner.
But remember, it is essential to consult your nutritionist so a proper diet plan can be tailored according to your age, weight and BMI.
Day 1 (1800 Calories)
- Early morning: Mix two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds soaked overnight in a plain glass of water.
- Breakfast: After 45 minutes, have one cup of oatmeal with flax seeds and a banana.
- Lunch: For lunch have one cup of brown rice with grilled tomatoes, onion, tofu and spinach + one cup of buttermilk.
- Snack: One multigrain biscuit with a cup of green tea.
- Dinner: For dinner, you should have two small whole-wheat flatbread, a slice of cucumber, beetroot and carrot with one cup of chickpea curry. One cup of warm milk before bed
Day 2 (1500 Calories)
- Early morning: Add one lemon and two teaspoons of honey in warm water.
- Breakfast: Strawberries, dates, almonds and apples in one cup of multigrain flakes.
- Lunch: Salad of boiled beans with baby spinach, cucumber and one cup of yoghurt.
- Snack: One multigrain biscuit with one cup of green tea.
- Dinner: Stir-fried veggies with boiled lentil and one cup warm milk before bed.
Day 3 (1200 calories)
- Early morning: Take 10 ml of wheatgrass juice.
- Breakfast: Take one cup of muesli and add one teaspoon of honey, full-fat milk, blueberries and chia seeds.
- Lunch: Salad of broccoli, sweet corn, cucumber and mushroom with the dressing of olive oil.
- Snack: Ten unsalted pistachios with one cup of green tea.
- Dinner: One slice of garlic multigrain bread and butternut soup.
Day 4 (1200 calories)
- Early morning: In a cup of water, add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Breakfast: Prepare a smoothie of eight ounces of strawberry, milk, banana and chia seeds.
- Lunch: One cup of yoghurt with vegetable quinoa salad.
- Snack: 1/2 cup popcorn with green tea.
- Dinner: One cup of cucumber, beetroot and kidney beans
Day 5 (1500 Calories)
- Early morning: Add one lime and two teaspoons of honey in warm water.
- Breakfast: One cup of black coffee with avocado paste on two toasts.
- Lunch: Half cup of brown rice with pumpkin curry and one cup of buttermilk.
- Snack: Fresh juice of any fruit
- Dinner: Smoked kale and tofu salad.
Day 6 (cheat day- 2000 calories)
- Early morning: Take wheatgrass juice (10 ml)
- Breakfast: Take one cup of oatmeal with one cup of green tea.
- Lunch: One cup of boiled lentils with one cup of sautéed veggies.
- Snack: Two to three baked potatoes.
- Dinner: Half cup mushroom risotto with chocolate mousse for dessert.
Day 7 (1500 calories)
- Early morning: One lime and two teaspoons of organic honey in warm water.
- Breakfast: One banana, four almonds with one cup of oatmeal.
- Lunch: One cup of buttermilk with the wrap of lettuce and cottage cheese.
- Snack: Fifteen pistachios with green tea.
- Dinner: Salad of boiled black beans, corn and spinach.
What are the Disadvantages of a Vegetarian Diet?
There are some disadvantages of a vegetarian diet that you need to consider before you start a vegetable-only diet.
- Vegetables do not contain all sources of amino acids, and you may have a deficiency of vitamin B12, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin D.
- Plant protein is not suitable for building lean muscles, so it is not ideal for bodybuilders as well.
- Iron and zinc deficiencies can also be a problem, which can lead to hair loss.
A well planned vegan diet can be healthy for people at all stages of life. Vegetables only diet for weight loss can give you a lean body and shed your excess weight.
Plant-based foods are environmentally sustainable as compared to animal foods. You should also remember eating vegetables and fruits will not make you healthy overnight. It is essential to plan well with a variety of ingredients to live a healthy life.
To lose weight with vegetable only diet, you need to be patient, adhere to a proper diet plan, and have a workout routine. It will also help to tone your body and relieve your stress.
The FAQs About Vegetable Only Diet
What happens, I eat only vegetables?
If you are eating vegetables and fruits only diet for weight loss, you must be following a proper diet plan which fulfills your body’s nutritional requirements. Consumption of vegetables daily can also lead to some critical vitamin deficiencies so that you might need supplementation along.
How much weight can you lose by eating only fruits and vegetables?
Eating only fruits and vegetables for a month can help you lose weight significantly. The amount of weight you lose depends on your age, body weight, and BMI.
What is a vegetable diet?
A vegetable diet excludes meat, fish, and poultry from the diet. You can have all forms of vegetables, fruits, and nuts.
Is an all-vegetable diet healthy?
A diet rich in fruits and vegetables is full of nutrition. It may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, obesity and protect you against cancer.
Thanks for ready!