Okay, so how many of you can relate to the following scenario: It’s late in the evening, you’ve been dieting and eating healthily all day but after a long day at work you’re tired, hungry, and craving something greasy.
Rather than cooking a bland and boring healthy meal for dinner, you instead order a pizza and vow to eat healthily the next day instead. But why did you choose the pizza instead of your healthy dinner?
The reason is likely because your healthy dinner recipes are boring, bland, and tasteless. If you aren’t enjoying the food you eat, your healthy eating regime will be miserable and you’ll be more likely to call it quits, throw in the towel, and stuff your face with junk instead.
The good news is that healthy dinner recipes needn’t be bland and tasteless. If prepared right, healthy meals can be absolutely delicious. To help inspire you to get creative in the kitchen, here’s a look at four wonderfully delicious healthy dinner ideas to try at home.
Table of Content
- 1 Salmon, sweet potato, and spinach Healthy Dinner Recipes
- 2 Healthy beef chili Healthy Dinner Recipes
- 3 Baked oriental chicken teriyaki Healthy Dinner Recipes
- 4 Chicken and sweet potato traybake Healthy Dinner Recipes
- 5 Bottom Line
Salmon, sweet potato, and spinach Healthy Dinner Recipes
If you want something simple, yet absolutely delicious, this salmon, sweet potato, and spinach recipe will go down an absolute treat. You’ve healthy fats and protein in the salmon, complex carbs in the sweet potato, and fiber, vitamins, and minerals from the spinach.
- 1 baked salmon fillet
- 1 sweet potato
- A generous handful of fresh spinach
- Knob of butter
- Slice of lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Begin by pre-heating the over to 180 Degrees C.
- Next, take your salmon fillet, place it in a foil parcel and top with a small knob of butter, a slice of fresh lemon, salt, and pepper, and set to one side.
- Now, wrap your sweet potato in foil, pierce a few times, and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, place your salmon in the oven, unwrap the sweet potato, and continue to bake for 15 minutes.
- As your salmon and sweet potato are baking, wash your fresh spinach leaves under cold water.
- Place them into a pan, place the lid firmly in place, and heat over medium heat until the leaves have wilted.
- The water from rinsing them should be enough to steam them.
- Remove the salmon and sweet potato from the oven and assemble on the plate with your spinach.
Healthy beef chili Healthy Dinner Recipes
If you like your food spicy, this healthy beef chili recipe is perfect. It’s rich in protein and is loaded full of plenty of veggies while being naturally low in calories and fat. It is one of the best healthy dinner ideas you could wish for, so give it a go.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 pack of lean beef mince
- 1 diced onion
- 2 diced garlic cloves
- 1 fresh chili
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 3 diced tomatoes
- Beef stock
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 ½ tsp of coriander powder
- 1 can of tomato passata
- Salt and pepper
- Take a large saucepan and place over medium heat before adding your oil
- Next, add the diced onions, carrots, and fresh chili and gently sweat down until soft
- Now add the garlic clove and continue to heat for a further 2 minutes
- Add your beef mince, and cook until browned
- Now, add your ground spices, salt and pepper, the diced tomatoes, the beef stock, the kidney beans, and the passata and give everything a good stir
- Top up with water, bring to a gentle simmer, and cook over low heat for the next hour
- Serve with boiled white rice of a steamed jacket potato and enjoy
Baked oriental chicken teriyaki Healthy Dinner Recipes
If you enjoy oriental cuisine this baked chicken teriyaki recipe is perfect. It’s low in fat and calories, is high in protein, and can be served with broccoli to increase the nutrient content even further.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- Half cup of lite soy sauce
- 4 tbsp of natural honey
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1/3 cup of rice wine
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of minced ginger
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- Half a cup of water
- 1 sliced spring onion
- 1 handful of sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 Degrees C.
- Take a large baking dish, lightly coat with a thin layer of olive oil and set to one side.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine together all of your ingredients, except for the chicken, sesame seeds, and the spring onions. This will be your teriyaki sauce.
- Whisk the sauce and heat over high heat until it begins to thicken
- Season your chicken and pour 2/3 of the sauce over your chicken thighs and set the remaining 1/3 to the side.
- Bake in the oven for the next 25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, drizzle them with the remaining sauce and continue to bake for the next 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and spring onions and get ready to serve.
- Serve with steamed broccoli and boiled white rice for the ultimate low-fat, healthy treat.
Chicken and sweet potato traybake Healthy Dinner Recipes
If you’re struggling for time and don’t want to spend hours on the washing up, this is one of the easiest healthy dinner ideas you could wish for. It is a chicken and sweet potato tray bake and is perfect for people in a rush. Everything is cooked in a deep oven tray at the same time, making this a very easy and healthy dish.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into chunks
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cut into chunks
- 1 onion cut into chunks
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 1 broccoli head cut into florets
- 1 diced garlic clove
- 1 courgette cut into chunks
- Olive oil
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 100 ml of chicken stock
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Take a deep baking tray and add all of your ingredients except the oil, stock, paprika and lemon juice.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Meanwhile, take a bowl, add 2tbsp of olive oil and combine with the paprika and lemon juice
- Drizzle the oil over your chicken, veggies, and herbs, and give everything a good mix to ensure everything is coated.
- Roast for 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven, pour over the stock, and roast for a further 15 minutes until the stock has been absorbed.
- Remove, allow to cool slightly, and enjoy.
There is a lot of information you can find online about Healthy Dinner but all of them are not legit or not healthy ideas at all. I have done my best research to find some legit and healthy dinner recipes for you. I hope you can lead a healthy Living if you follow those Healthy Dinner Recipes. I will continue researching to find more healthy Living ideas for you always, till then Eat healthily and Lead a healthier Life.