How to Lose Belly Fat for 13 Year Olds? Easy Diet Plan
Obesity is one of the big issues prevailing worldwide. Nowadays, most of early teenager worry that how to lose belly fat for 13 year olds? Having excess belly fat or overweight thighs was confined mostly to adults. But, if we have a look around, these days’ even teenagers are trapped in this chaos as well. Being overweight is a serious problem because it is a precursor of many harmful diseases.
During teenage, an individual is way too conscious about his or her physical appearance; like height, skin tone, dressing, weight, etc. If being a teenager you are overweight or have excess belly fat or thighs, then this would be a cause of continuous stress for you! Weight gain at such an early age is not good.
Are you one of them? Are you facing issues in getting rid of your belly fat? For all the teenagers who are going through this difficulty, and searching for effective tips and tricks to resolve this issue, you have just arrived at the right platform. Stay tuned till the end and you will definitely get a way out of your problem with the help of data we have gathered here for you. So let’s dig in together.
Table of Content
- 1 9 Ways to Lose Belly Fat for 13 Year Olds?
- 2 Workouts for 13 Year Olds to Lose Weight
- 3 How Can a 13 Year Old Lose Weight Without Exercise?
- 4 How Much Weight Can a 13 Year Old Lose in a Month?
- 5 Key Takeaways
- 6 FAQs
- 6.1 How to Lose Belly Fat for a 13 Year Old Boy?
- 6.2 Is It Normal for a 13 Year Old to Have Belly Fat?
- 6.3 How to Lose Belly Fat Teenage Girl Fast?
- 6.4 How Many Calories Should a Teenage Girl Eat to Lose Weight?
- 6.5 What Is Overweight for a 13 Year Old?
- 6.6 What Is the Recommended Calorie Intake per Day for Teenagers?
- 6.7 How Much Water Should I Drink a Day to Lose Weight?
9 Ways to Lose Belly Fat for 13 Year Olds?
A teenager gets more concerned about his or her excess weight gain when he or she is around 13 years old and looking for different remedies to get rid of the excess fat. The most frequently asked question based on this scenario is how to lose belly fat for 13 year olds?
Adopting a healthy lifestyle and following some principles will help you a lot to lose belly fat and will ensure lifelong results. Some of the effective tips that all teens can follow to get rid of their extra belly fat.
1) Healthy Diet:
The most essential thing that you need to take care of the most is your diet. All those who inquire a lot about the diet for a 13-year-old female to lose weight, or for boys as well, the answer to your question is simple. A balanced diet is all that you need. Include veggies and fats both in your meal but don’t overeat anything. Eat-in a moderate amount. Chew properly before swallowing as it will help in digestion and assimilation in the body.
A balanced diet is a healthy diet that contributes to maintaining a healthy and perfect body shape. If you start taking healthy meals you will observe how quickly your health will improve and your belly and whole body will restore to their perfect shape. All you need to do is just prepare a proper platter for your meal.
2) Don’t Skip Meals
During teenage, due to busy schedules, mood swings, or any other reason, skipping meals is quite casual. You need to get rid of this habit if you want a flat belly and a perfect body shape.
Do not skip your meals and always have them on time. If you skip your meal or do not take them on time your stomach will remain empty for short or sometimes long intervals. An empty stomach is not good as it can cause some serious issues; the most common one is bloating.
At a growing age, your body needs proper nutrition on time, and prolong fluctuations in eating hours can promote unnecessary body swelling. Those who ask whether they should use appetite suppressants for quick weight loss, need to understand that it will not benefit you much because your body needs proper nutrition at this growing age. Try to maintain a proper schedule for your meal and follow it accordingly.
3) Minimize Intake of Junk Food:
Junk food attracts a lot, specifically talking about the teens; they prefer junk food more rather than a healthy meal and veggies. This thing contributes a lot to increasing belly fat.
If you want to cut down the root cause of weight gain try to reduce the intake of junk food; it will help a lot to minimize the excess belly fat. If you consume junk food daily, try to switch to weekly usage slowly and gradually to 1 or 2 times only in a month. Replace your junk meal with a healthy meal platter.
4) Cut Down the Use of Sweetened Beverages:
Excessive use of added sugars or sweetened beverages is another contributing factor towards excess belly fat. Beverages are neither good for your body shape nor for your good health. They contribute towards weight gain so try to avoid them as much as you can in order to maintain a good health profile and a flatter belly with a perfect body shape as well.
5) Track the Nutritional Index or Your Daily Eating:
Keep an eye on the nutritional content of your daily intake. Make a standardized consumption of all the nutrients. Preparing your meal platter, check that you are taking the right amount of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and vitamins and nothing is less or excess according to the needs of your body. It will regulate your body metabolism adequately and prevent your body from getting fat or out of shape and keep your belly flat as well.
6) Stay Hydrated:
Water is the most essential element of our body. If we do not drink enough water dehydration may occur in our bodies. Always drink enough water. It will regulate your body’s metabolism and keep your body’s muscles active. This will eventually contribute towards a healthy and fit body.
7) Get Proper Sleep:
One of the most common issues that we observe in the teenager is lack of proper sleep or disturbed sleeping schedule. In case if you are not getting enough sleep then this might affect your health.
It has a direct impact on your body weight as well. It will disturb your body’s metabolism that will promote weight gain and a fat belly. To maintain a healthy weight and fit body, you need to focus on your routine. Always get 7–8 hours of sleep as it is necessary for early teenagers.
8) Increase Your Physical Activity:
Boost your stamina and try to indulge more in physical activity. Rather than spending more time in front of a television screen or with your mobile phones, try to get involved in productive activities. Develop some fruitful hobbies and pursue them. It will not only contribute to your good health but will improve your body shape, activate your muscle, and enhance your skills as well.
9) Try to Remain Stress-Free:
Stress contributes a lot to weight gain. It alters the body’s normal metabolism. You not only suffer mentally but physically as well. Being a teenager, yes you will be in great stress due to several reasons either academically, financially, emotionally, etc. All you need is to learn how you can control your mind because a healthy mind will maintain a healthy body.
Workouts for 13 Year Olds to Lose Weight
If you want to lose belly fat fast, you cannot rely only on your diet and routine activities. You need to get involved and be more active. There are many exercises that would help you a lot to lose excess belly fat.
Whether a girl or a boy, if you stay focused you will witness positive outcomes within a week. But don’t depend on a single thing only. If you are exercising regularly, don’t forget to keep a check on your diet as well.
Some of the effective workout patterns for teenagers to lose weight are:
Walking is the best exercise for all kinds of weight loss. If you want to lose belly fat faster, increase your walking time. Try to walk as much as you can. Avoid using transport for shorter distances and go on foot. Make a habit of walking for at least 20–30 minutes before breakfast and 45–60 minutes after dinner. Walking will boost your body metabolism, burn your excess body fat, and will help you to get a flatter belly quite fast.
Running is a great fat burner remedy for quick weight loss. You can do it as a part of your daily workout routine to lose your belly fat. Being a teenager, you have more stamina and are quite energetic. You can replace your morning walk with running activity. This has the same effect as walking on your body and muscle but it will help to burn excess body fats and the visceral fat around your belly, at an even faster pace.
It is a great exercise for weight loss and one of the most liked activities that a teenager can get involved in. If you get bored doing walking or running, you can replace it with cycling. Cycling regularly will activate your muscle and tendons, cherish your mood, and will help you to lose belly fat fast. It is a great fat burner activity and will help in fat loss at a much faster rate.
There are different outdoor games that you can play. This will not only be a source of joy for you but it will also help you to get a perfect body having a healthy weight and a flatter belly as well. These days, teens are more directed towards digital gaming and physical activities have been reduced a lot. Try to be more in outdoor games like cricket, soccer, basketball, etc. You will notice how your body muscle will become active and fit in quite a short time.
How Can a 13 Year Old Lose Weight Without Exercise?
If you want to get rid of extra body fat without exercise, you need to strictly control your diet. Plan your daily meals according to the required nutritional content. Keep a check on your daily calorie intake and avoid all the food types that contribute towards weight gain. Eat such foods that will boost your metabolism and get consumed quickly by your body, this will help you to achieve your target.
It is possible for a 13-year-old to lose weight without doing any kind of exercise. But this can only happen when you have proper knowledge about how to control your appetite and what foods to consume. And most importantly, you must know which type of food suits best with your metabolism rate. So, here we go:
1) Eat more fruits and vegetables – They contain lots of vitamins and minerals that boost up your energy levels. Also, they provide you with enough nutrients required to stay fit and slim.
2) Drink plenty of fluids – Water helps in flushing out toxins from our system and keeps us hydrated. It’s important to drink 8 glasses of water each day.
3) Avoid junk food – Junk food contains high amounts of saturated fatty acids. These SFA increase the cholesterol levels in the bloodstream and cause obesity. Instead, opt for low-fat dairy products like milk, yogurt, cheese, butter, cream, sour cream, cottage cheese, ice creams, etc.
4) Include protein-rich meals – Protein plays a vital role in maintaining muscle mass and strength. You can get these proteins through lean meats such as chicken breast, turkey breast, fish, eggs, beans, nuts, seeds, soybeans, tofu, lentils, peas, etc.
5) Try to cut down on carbohydrates – Carbs play a major role in increasing hunger pangs. Therefore, cutting back on carbs can reduce cravings and make you feel fuller longer. In addition, some studies suggest that people who restrict themselves to fewer than 50 grams of carbohydrate per meal tend to weigh less than those who eat higher carb diets.
How Can a 13 Year Old Lose Weight in 1 Week?
If you want to get quick results and see yourself losing weight within a week then you need to work hard and remain focused. Make a routine and do fat-burning workouts like walking, running, cycling, etc. Keep a check on your diet as well. Adopt healthy habits. Avoid junk food and add veggies to your diet. This will help you to achieve a healthy weight and perfect body shape.
Diet Plan For Teenager to Lose Weight in 1 Week
Here’s how a 13 year old lost 20 pounds in just 1 week.
Breakfast 2 eggs scrambled with mushrooms, peppers, and onions. Lunch Chicken salad from Panera Bread topped with w/broccoli slaw and tomatoes. Dinner: Lean beef & broccoli stir fry + green beans for sides. Snack 3 tablespoons of peanut butter on celery sticks!
Breakfast 1 egg white omelet filled with w/chicken sausage or bacon. Lunch Turkey sandwich w/lettuce, tomato, avocado, and sprouts. Dinner Beef pot pie. Snacks Watermelon slices dipped in chocolate pudding.
Breakfast Egg whites over spinach, feta cheese, and asparagus; lunch Baked chicken breast stuffed into whole wheat pita bread. Dinner Grilled salmon dinner roll w/asparagus. Snack A small banana.
Breakfast Scrambled eggs with turkey bacon, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber. Lunch Tuna fish sandwiches on whole-grain bread. Dinner Salmon tacos w/avocado salsa and shredded cabbage. Snack Celery stalks dipped in ranch dip.
Breakfast Whole Grain bagel with cream cheese. Lunch Leftover tuna pasta dish. Dinner Roast chicken with mashed potatoes, veggies, and gravy. Snacks Small handful of almonds.
Breakfast Oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar. Lunch Sandwich made out of the leftover roast chicken. Dinner Spinach soup w/croutons. Snacking Spicy pickle chips.
Breakfast Cereal with berries. Lunch Broiled shrimp cocktail served with rice pilaf. Dinner Chicken chops smothered in mushroom sauce. Snacks Cranberry juice and watermelon.
|Sunday||2Eggs, mushrooms, peppers, and onions||Chicken Salad with broccoli and tomatoes||Lean beef and broccoli with beans for sides|
|Monday||1Egg with Chicken Sausage & Bacon||Turkey Sandwich, tomato, avocado do and sprouts||Beef pot pie. Snacks Watermelon slices dipped in chocolate pudding.|
|Tuesday||Egg whites over spinach, feta cheese, and asparagus||Baked chicken breast stuffed into whole wheat pita bread||Grilled salmon dinner roll w/asparagus Snack A small banana.|
|Wednesday||Scrambled eggs with turkey bacon, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber||Tuna fish sandwiches on whole-grain bread||Dinner Salmon tacos w/avocado salsa and shredded cabbage. Snack Celery stalks dipped in ranch dip|
|Thursday||Whole Grain Bagel with cream cheese||Leftover tuna pasta dish||Roast chicken with mashed potatoes, veggies, and gravy. Snacks Small handful of almonds.|
|Friday||Oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar||Sandwich made from the leftover roast chicken||Spinach soup w/croutons. Snacking Spicy pickle chips.|
|Saturday||Breakfast Cereal with berries||Broiled shrimp cocktail served with rice pilaf||Chicken chops smothered in mushroom sauce. Snacks Cranberry juice and watermelon|
5 Healthy Tips for Teens To Lose Belly Fat In 1 Week
1) Start Exercising Regularly: Exercise has been proven to burn excess calories and keep the body toned. However, if you’re not used to working out, you might experience sore muscles and fatigue right away. That’s why it’s essential to start slowly and build up gradually. Make sure that you warm up before starting intense workouts. Follow these simple steps to ensure that you achieve maximum fitness benefits.
2) Warm-Up Before Working Out: Start off slow and work towards building endurance. Walk briskly around the block until you begin sweating. Then jog for 5 minutes and walk again. Repeat this process several times every week. Gradually add more intensity to your workout routine. Workout three days a week with two rest days between sessions.
3) Workouts Should Be Intense And Challenging: Don’t expect immediate results when beginning a new exercise program. Take baby steps and be patient. Build up stamina slowly. Do one set of 10 pushups or sit-ups followed by 3 sets of 30 squats. This will help you gain confidence and improve overall health.
4) Eat Well To Get Rid Of Belly Fat Fast: If you want to lose weight faster then eating well is crucial. Cut down on sugary foods and replace them with healthy alternatives. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. They contain fiber which aids digestion and reduces bloating. Also, try avoiding processed foods since they often have artificial ingredients added to boost flavor.
5) Drink Plenty Of Fluids: Water is essential for keeping the body hydrated. Drinking enough water ensures the proper functioning of all organs including the digestive tract. When we sweat during physical activity, we lose a lot of fluid along with salt. So make sure you consume a sufficient amount of liquids throughout the day.
How Much Weight Can a 13 Year Old Lose in a Month?
It depends on the child, but most kids will be able to shed about 10 pounds per month. This is equivalent to losing 1 pound every 3 days. That’s not bad for a kid!
The average adult loses only 2 or 3 pounds per week and it takes them at least 6 weeks before they see any results. So if you are an adult who wants to get rid of that extra belly fat fast, then you need to do something different than what your friends have been doing all along. It has some great tips for getting rid of those stubborn fats around your middle.
Diet Plan For Teenager to Lose Weight in a Month
Please find below a moderate monthly Diet Plan for a 13-year old to gradually lose weight in a month:
Day 1: Breakfast – Toast with peanut butter, banana, and honey. Lunch – Egg white omelet, apple juice, and toast for lunch. Dinner – Broccoli stir fry. Snack – 1 cup of milk tea + 2 cups of water.
Day 2: Breakfast – Oatmeal, coffee, blueberry muffin, and orange juice. Lunch – Salad sandwich made from lettuce, tomato, cucumber, broccoli sprouts, cheese, ham, and mayonnaise. Dinner – Chicken curry served over steamed rice with vegetables for dinner. Snack – Chocolate bar.
Day 3: Breakfast – Rice porridge mixed with almond milk and cinnamon powder. Lunch – Vegetable soup with meatballs or chicken balls. Dinner – Steak and mashed potatoes with carrots and corn on the cob. Snack – Banana chips and yogurt drink.
Day 4: Breakfast – Scrambled eggs and grapefruit. Lunch – Spinach salad with grilled tuna fish. Dinner – Beef stew with whole wheat pasta. Snack – Fresh fruit.
Day 5: Breakfast – Eggs scrambled with mushrooms and onions. Lunch – Grilled salmon filet topped with sliced avocado and lemon sauce. Dinner – Stir-fried beef strips with veggies. Snack – Apple slices dipped into melted chocolate.
Day 6: Breakfast – Yogurt parfait with granola, strawberries, and walnuts. Lunch – Salmon burger patty on toasted bread with mustard spread and raw onion slices and carrot sticks. Dinner – Tuna steak with baked potato fries. Snack – Whole grain crack
Day 7: Breakfast – A bowl of cereal with milk. Lunch – Veggie pizza with cheese, pepperoni sausage, and red peppers. Dinner – Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp and scallops. Snack – Fruit smoothie.
Continue the process up to one month to lose belly fat fast.
|Sunday||Toast with peanut butter, banana, and honey||Egg white omelet, apple juice, and toast for lunch||Broccoli stir fry. Snack – 1 cup of milk tea + 2 cups of water|
|Monday||Oatmeal, coffee, blueberry muffin, and orange juice||Salad sandwich made from lettuce, tomato, cucumber, broccoli sprouts, cheese, ham, and mayonnaise||Chicken curry served over steamed rice with vegetables for dinner. Snack – Chocolate bar.|
|Tuesday||Rice porridge mixed with almond milk and cinnamon powder||Vegetable soup with meatballs or chicken balls||Steak and mashed potatoes with carrots and corn on the cob. Snack – Banana chips and yogurt drink.|
|Wednesday||Scrambled eggs and grapefruit||Spinach salad with grilled tuna fish||Beef stew with whole wheat pasta. Snack – Fresh fruit|
|Thursday||Yogurt parfait with granola, strawberries, and walnuts||Salmon burger patty on toasted bread with mustard spread and raw onion slice ers and carrot sticks||Tuna steak with baked potato fries. Snack – Whole grain crack.|
|Friday||A bowl of cereal with milk||Veggie pizza with cheese, pepperoni sausage, and red peppers||Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp and scallops. Snack – Fruit smoothie|
|Saturday||Breakfast Cereal with berries||Broiled shrimp cocktail served with rice pilaf||Chicken chops smothered in mushroom sauce. Snacks Cranberry juice and watermelon|
5 Healthy Weight Loss Tips for Teens to lose Belly Fat within a Month
Here are 5 ways for 13-year-old to burn more calories without even trying in a month:
1) Do Jumping Jacks After Eating: The act of standing up helps increase metabolism by 20% within 30 minutes. You should keep moving throughout the day as well because sitting too long increases blood pressure which puts added stress on your heart. A good rule of thumb is to stand while talking on the phone or texting. If possible, try to walk when sending text messages so you don’t look like just another robot walking down the street.
2) Drink Water Instead of Soda: It’s one of the best things you can drink during exercise since it keeps you hydrated and prevents cramps. Water also makes us feel fuller faster. Try drinking half your body weight in ounces. For example, if you weigh 150 lbs, drink 75 oz of water each time you work out.
3) Get Off Your Feet: Sitting still for extended periods of time causes our bodies to release hormones called cortisol and adrenaline into our bloodstream. These hormones cause insulin resistance, making it harder to break down food properly. When we move, these hormones become balanced again allowing our bodies to better absorb nutrients from foods. Stand with your legs slightly bent and place both hands behind your head. Then push yourself back until you’re flat against the wall. Hold this position for 15 seconds. Repeat three times. Don’t forget to breathe through your nose while holding this pose.
4) Eat Breakfast: Eating a healthy meal first thing in the morning allows your stomach enough time to empty itself completely before lunchtime. Studies show that people who eat breakfast tend to consume fewer calories over the course of the entire day. Plus, skipping breakfast means that you’ll end up snacking later in the day. But make sure you choose whole grain options such as oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, etc., rather than sugary cereals. They contain fiber and protein that help fill you up longer.
5) Walk Everywhere: Walking burns more calories than running does, especially uphill.
The only thing that creates the difference is selecting the right route for yourself to achieve your goal and get a healthy weight. Your consistency and motivation add more to it and boost the outcomes accordingly.
So, stop making excuses and start making an effort. If you are having extra belly fat at just a quite early age of 13 years, that is not the issue. Rather than just asking how to lose belly fat for 13 year old? Start taking action to maintain a healthy weight. The thing that might create issues in the future would be your negligence towards it. So, crush your laziness and start doing your efforts from today and you will see satisfactory results in a week.
There are some frequently asked questions about how to lose belly fat for 13 year olds. There are many ways to lose weight, but the best way is by eating healthy foods. You should also exercise so that your muscles will burn more calories than usual, which helps with burning off extra body fat. You can also try doing cardio exercises such as running or cycling to help get rid of those pesky love handles. lets answer these FAQs:
How to Lose Belly Fat for a 13 Year Old Boy?
You need to focus on your diet and you also need to get involved in some effective workouts. In the case of diet, get a balanced diet for yourself. Keep a check on its nutritional contents and your meal timings as well. Side by side, you need to focus on your physical activities as well. Some of the effective workout patterns for teenagers to lose weight include walking, running, cycling, and outdoor gaming. Try to get engaged in any one of them, it will help you a lot to get a flat belly. Doing so will let you witness positive outcomes soon. These are the top 5 tips that may help you to reach your goal:
- Drink lots of water, at least 8 glasses a day.
- Eat lean proteins and healthy fats (nuts and avocados).
- Do 20 minutes of cardio every day.
- Cut out sugars and carbs from your diet as much as you can.
- Sleep well!
I know this is easier said than done but try to get at least 8 hours a night if you’re not getting any more than that already.
Is It Normal for a 13 Year Old to Have Belly Fat?
Well, no, if your weight is far beyond the standard range according to your age then you need to take a note of it. At the early age of 13, having excess belly fat is not normal at all. Try to get rid of it. Do whatever is in your range to get better results. You should focus on your diet, follow some tips and tricks, and do essential workouts as well.
How to Lose Belly Fat Teenage Girl Fast?
So the question is, how to lose belly fat teenage girl fast? First of all, eat small portions. It is okay to have seconds but don’t go overboard or else it can lead to an unhealthy lifestyle. Second, start doing more exercise and try not to sit on the couch too much. Finally, drink lots of water so your body stays hydrated!
Also, you need to focus on your diet and you also need to get involved in some effective workouts. In the case of diet, get a balanced diet for yourself. Keep a check on its nutritional contents and your meal timings as well. Side by side, you need to focus on your physical activities as well.
Some of the effective workout patterns for teenagers to lose weight include walking, running, cycling, and outdoor gaming. Try to get engaged in any one of them, it will help you a lot to get a flat belly. Doing so will let you witness positive outcomes soon.
How Many Calories Should a Teenage Girl Eat to Lose Weight?
The number of calories that should be consumed in a day by a teenage girl to ensure effective weight loss depends upon the amount of activity she performs daily. Normally, 1,600 to 2,400 calories are a daily requirement for a teenage girl. For a quick and effective weight loss, you need to keep a check on the nutritional content of your daily intake and keep in mind that your calorie intake falls within the prescribed range.
What Is Overweight for a 13 Year Old?
According to age, an average range is available for every age group. If you fall in that category then you are having a healthy weight but if your weight exceeds that range then you would be labeled as overweight. The average weight range for a 13-year-old boy is from 75 to 145 pounds and for a 13-year-old girl, the range is from 76 to 148 pounds.
What Is the Recommended Calorie Intake per Day for Teenagers?
The recommended calorie intake per day for teenagers may differ from one individual to another because it depends on the amount of activity they use to do in a day. Whether the individual is less active, moderately active, or super active, their calorie intake per day will depend accordingly. On average 1,600 to 2,400 calories are the daily requirements for teenagers.
How Much Water Should I Drink a Day to Lose Weight?
In order to lose weight, per day water consumption should be 1 to 2 liters at least. To lose weight, try to focus on your diet, develop good eating habits, eat healthy snacks, food items made of soluble fiber and healthy fats in them, and do aerobic exercise, etc. This all will help you maintain blood sugar within the normal range and will help you avoid any eating disorders, and in getting a perfect body shape.