Why is my belly split into two? The question is equally common among men and women. This condition can have so many causes. And the problem itself leads to a lot of serious health issues.
So, what can be the causes of double belly fat?
Double belly fat means that your stomach has a waistband and it divides your belly into two. It is because of subcutaneous fat accumulation over your stomach. Well, there are a lot of different reasons for which this fat accumulation occurs. The major causes are hormonal imbalance and unhealthy lifestyles. But there might be other reasons.
The main reasons behind this condition and how can you overcome it are the main points we are going to explain in this article. Give it a read to explore!
Table of Content
Causes of Double Belly Fat
A bloated stomach not only hampers your personality but also puts your health at serious risk. There can be several surprising reasons behind double belly fat.
Here we will discuss a few of those:
An unhealthy diet is the major cause of the deposition of fat around your belly. Too much accumulation of this fat can lead to the formation of the double belly. A high sugar diet is the main culprit.
A diet low in protein and high in carbohydrates is the major cause of this problem. This low protein diet causes the accumulation of subcutaneous and visceral fat around your belly.
Lack of Exercise
One of the leading causes of double belly fat is a sedentary lifestyle. When you spend more time sitting and do not do a considerable workout, the extra energy from the food you eat deposits around your belly in the form of fat.
Lack of exercise decreases your muscle mass and consequently increases the number of fats in your body. This fat that is mainly stored around your stomach leads to a belly bulge.
Mental health plays a significant role in spending a healthy lifestyle. Along with sound physical health, a healthy mind is also important to avoid obesity and weight-related issues.
Stress causes the release of the hormone cortisol. With the release of this hormone, the body starts to store fat around your belly to protect your vital organs. With time stress leads to double belly fat.
Hormonal Imbalance is one of the major causes of belly folds. The uneven belly is mostly the result of improper secretion of the chemicals in your body. These chemicals are hormones.
The imbalance of estrogen, progesterone, cortisol, serotonin,d other sex hormones can lead to weight gain, especially around your belly.
Some people get double belly fat in their genes. Yes, that’s true. When the hereditary traits pass from ancestor to next-generation, belly fat and obesity I that is inherited often.
If this genetic belly fat is left uncontrolled, it leads to double belly fat. However, your many control it with proper diet, exercise, and a healer thy lifestyle.
Poor Sleep Patterns
If you are not getting enough sleep, you will likely get a double belly. The reason is that a lack of sleep will increase your cravings for unhealthy foods.
As a result, you start eating a lot of sweets and junk food. This bad eating habit can be the major reason for double belly fat.
Bad posture makes your belly stick out more than it should. Some people find that even after they have lost weight, they can’t seem to get rid of the double belly.
The reason is that when you have a poor posture and you always keep your torso in a bent position, your belly gets a fold in it and divides into two. When you keep your torse straight, your belly skin remains in a stretch position and you do not get a double belly.
Smoking and Alcohol Consumption
You might have heard of a beer belly. Well, with a bad posture, it often converts into a double belly. Smoking does the same.
Alcohol and nicotine in cigarette smoke doot allow the fat in your body to metabolize. Consequently, you store too much fat around your stomach area and the layers of fat look like you have a double belly.
Dangers of Double Belly Fat
Double belly fat itself is a very serious health concern. In addition to that, it is also the leading cause of many health risks. Having knowledge about these conditions will inspire you to take steps in order to get rid of your belly fat.
Let’s take a look at them:
- Heart diseases
- Sleep Apnea
- Colorectal cancer
- High blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- Glucose Intolerance
These major health problems can occur as a result of double belly fat. So if you are having belly fat, it is very important to get rid of it in the first place.
10 Superfoods That Can Help Burn Double Belly Fat
Remember, you are what you eat. Your fitness depends 80 percent on the food you eat and 20 percent on exercise. Let us look at the list of foods that you can eat to burn doubled belly fat.
These foods contain:
- Protein Powder
- Olive oil
- Lean meat and fish
These foods contain all the essential nutrients and fiber that you require to build belly muscles and eliminate the extra fat around your abdomen. Adding these foods into your diet will not only reduce the double belly but also help lower cholesterol levels.
Exercises to Reduce Double Belly Fat
Doing exercise is the best way to get rid of stubborn belly fat. Here are some best exercises that will help you get your belly in perfect shape. Remember to do a short warmup first.
Vertical Leg Crunch
Follow these steps to do this wonderful exercise to burn belly fat. It will mainly target your lower belly fat.
- Lie on the floor and extend your legs upward.
- Breathe in, lift your upper body and breathe out.
- Do two to three sets of ten to twelve repetitions.
This exercise will tone up your belly muscles. It engages all the abdominal muscles to give them a perfect shape.
- Lie down on the floor or mat.
- Lift both the legs of your ground and bend your knees.
- Take one leg down and the other toward the chest.
- Alternate bending your legs one after the other as if you are running a bicycle.
- Perform two or three sets of 10 repetitions each.
Do this exercise to lose upper belly fat that is mainly above your stomach. It also melts the overall belly fat and eliminates the belly folds.
Here are the steps:
- Lie down flat on the mat. Bend your knees and feet on the ground.
- Place your hand behind the head, inhale deeply.
- Lift your torso to toe from the floor and exhale.
- Inhale when going back down and exhale when you come up.
- Repeat 2 to 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
This exercise strengthens your abdominal muscles and also the muscles of your leg. This is because when it comes to losing belly fat, you should also work on your guards.
Take a look at the process of performing this exercise:
- Stay lying on your mat.
- Put your hands behind your head and bend your knees and keep your feet on the floor.
- Slowly move your knees towards your shoulder.
- Pause when the knees touch the waistline and put your feet back to the floor.
- Perform 2 to 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions.
Exercise ball crunch
For this exercise, you will need an exercise ball. This is a resistance exercise and mainly increases the strength of your abdominal muscles.
Here’s how you should do it:
- Lie on the top of the exercise ball.
- Keep your feet on the ball and your knees bent.
- Put your hands behind your head.
- Slowly lift your head and chest.
- Perform 3 sets of five sit-ups each.
When you feel stronger, gradually increase the sets and repetitions. Performing these exercises regularly will help you a lot in getting rid of the fat layers around your belly.
10 Effective Tips to Get Rid of Double Belly Fat
There are many ways to melt the fat layers on your stomach. Here are the 10 effective tips that can help you reduce the fat around your belly.
- Take a healthy diet. Including a proper amount of essential nutrients in your diet is very important to keep your body weight normal.
- Eat a lot of fiber. It not only helps to keep you full but also reduces the risk of constipation. You ultimately achieve a healthier weight loss.
- Workout regularly. Doing regular exercise will help to keep your belly in perfect shape. Your stomach will stay flat.
- Track your calories and try to keep your body in a calorie deficit state. This will help you burn more belly fat.
- Drink more water. Staying hydrated will increase your metabolism and you will lose your belly fat faster.
- Get enough sleep of at least 6 to 8 hours. It will reduce craving and you will stay away from unhealthy eating.
- Avoid stress as it increases cortisol levels. Cortisol causes a double belly fat so engage yourself in some mindful and healthy activities.
- Drink green tea. As it contains enough antioxidants that fight the harmful free radicals in your body. You start losing excess weight.
- Include lemon and other citrus fruit in your diet. They have vitamin C and other nutrients that help fight diseases related to weight gain.
- Last but not the least, try sitting and standing in a proper posture. Maintaining a proper posture can flatten your stomach.
These tips can help you a lot if you are struggling to burn belly fat. Also, you can follow these tips for a healthy lifestyle.
Question: How do you get rid of double stomach fat?
Answer: To get rid of double stomach fat, it is important to first know the cause. By working on its cause, you can reduce it. Mainly, healthy eating and exercise can help get rid of this fat around the abdomen.
Question: why is double belly fat dangerous?
Answer: Double belly fat is dangerous as it can lead to several different diseases such as cardiovascular diseases including stroke and high blood pressure.
Question: what is the best exercise to burn extra belly fat?
Answer: There is a whole list of combinations of cardio and strength training exercises to burn belly fat. However, crunches have given the best results so far in melting extra belly fat.
Double belly fat is mostly due to the deposition of the extra amount of fat on your abdomen. But this is not always the case. You may also have a double belly if you have poor posture.
However, whatever is the cause of this belly fat, the only way to get rid of it is to focus upon its cause. If this is because of weight loss, try losing your weight and follow a healthy lifestyle.