Apple cider vinegar is a common ingredient in all of our homes. This vinegar is useful in preparing healthy meals, sauces and so much more. Not only meals and skincare but research has shown that cider vinegar is highly effective in treating pancreatitis.
How does Apple cider vinegar for pancreatitis is most effective?
Apple cider vinegar is found to be the best solution to treat the pain that occurs due to pancreatitis. If the pain is occurring due to gall stones then the regular intake of apple cider vinegar dissolves these stones slowly.
Read our gathering below to know more about pancreatitis and the usefulness of cider vinegar in treating it.
Table of Content
What is Pancreatitis & Why Does it Occur?
Pancreatitis is a term used to describe the condition of the inflammation of the pancreas. The pancreas exists in between the stomach and spine. It is surrounded by the liver, spleen, and gallbladder. The role of pancreatitis is to prepare and supply the enzymes for the digestion of food. The other pivotal role of the pancreas is to keep the glucose level of the body in balance.
Pancreatitis may be a short-term condition or it may prolong due to a serious problem. Chronic pancreatitis requires proper medication whereas the milder type may be treatable with home remedies.
Pancreatitis is a common health condition that occurs due to the abnormal flow of digestive enzymes. The congestion of these enzymes attacks pancreatitis and causes possible inflammation. Pancreatitis may occur due to the presence of gall stones in the gall bladder as well.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Pancreatitis Pain: Is It Suitable?
Apple cider vinegar is well recognized for its rich anti-inflammatory properties. The same as it is effective for treating other pains that occur due to inflammation, it is appropriate to resolve pain due to pancreatitis.
Gallstones are considered the primary reason behind the primary or acute state of pancreatitis. Therefore, drinking an adequate amount of apple cider vinegar relieves the pain experienced due to pancreatitis. The cider vinegar promotes the minimization of bile thickness for stopping the formation of gallstones in the gall bladder.
If a petri dish contains a few gallstones and apple cider vinegar is poured over them, the stones dissolve in the vinegar.
A study conducted in 2017 has presented research regarding the effectiveness of apple cider vinegar in treating pancreatitis pain. The experiment was carried out on a group of rats and the results depict that the antioxidants in apple vinegar aid in the recovery of a deteriorated pancreas.
If you are experiencing mild pain in the pancreas then apple cider vinegar is an effective initial remedy to consider. Apple cider vinegar is found to be effective in treating cardiovascular and liver issues.
Preparing Apple Cider Vinegar at Home
Apple cider vinegar is easy to prepare at home with 2 cups of apples chunks and peels, 3 cups of drinking water, and sugar. Follow these instructions to prepare the vinegar at home.
- Add the apple pieces to a container/jar and fill in the water.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar to the content and shake well.
- Next up, cover the jar with a cloth and rubber band.
- Let the container rest in a cool, dark, and secure place for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Keep a check on the content and stir from time to time for notice that the progress of the process.
- Strain out the apple pieces after 4 week period and let the jar stay for another 3 to 4 weeks.
- Your apple cider vinegar is ready now!
Alternatives to Apple Cider Vinegar in Treating Pancreatitis
If you experience mild pain due to acute pancreatitis then try out the following to relieve it.
- Ginger Tea – Ginger is proven to be effective in relieving inflammation. With its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, ginger is considered a miracle ingredient for resolving inflammatory issues.
- Warming the Upper Abdomen – The pain due to pancreatitis is experienced in the upper abdominal part of the body. A warm compress is more than effective in soothing the pain at the place. A hot water bottle is the closest way to treat this issue.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture is a therapy that remains effective in resolving bodily pain. The procedure involves treating the pain by metallic needle insertion from the hands of a professional.
- Blueberries – Tiny little blueberries are adequately rich in antioxidants to protect the pancreas from inflammatory damage.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Take diets rich in omega-3 fatty acids to ease the inflammation that results from acute pancreatitis. Not only acute pancreatitis but omega-3 fatty acids are effective in treating chronic pancreatitis as well.
Prevention of Pancreatitis
Pancreatitis is a painful health condition that requires immediate attention and solution. Prevention is always the best way and the same remains true for pancreatitis. A few changes in the lifestyle prevent pancreatitis in the longer run. Follow these steps to keep pancreatitis away from yourself:
- Refrain from smoking and drinking.
- Work out a diet plan which includes protein-rich meals, fruits, and vegetables.
- Prevent the intake of carbohydrate and fat-rich diets.
- Remain hydrated with a lot of water intake.
Question: Can I drink apple cider vinegar daily?
Answer: Excessive consumption of anything may lead to negative side effects. Therefore it is always better to stay safe and dilute the cider vinegar if it has to be consumed daily. The diluted vinegar can be consumed with a salad or as part of a routine meal.
Question: Is apple cider vinegar suitable for me?
Answer: If you’re taking insulin for your diabetes, you should probably avoid taking apple cider vinegar. The reason is that insulin causes your blood sugar levels to drop, and we already know that apple cider vinegar does the same. So, you might just run the risk of a too low blood sugar level which should be avoided at all costs.
Question: Why does pancreatitis occur in the first place?
Answer: Commonly, pancreatitis occurs due to gallstones or excessive intake of alcohol. Other reasons include a high level of lipids inside the body and high calcium levels in the body.
Consumption of apple cider vinegar for pancreatitis is the ultimate and matchless solution to treat the pain. Most of the time the pain due to acute pancreatitis resolves with the intake of apple cider vinegar. However, it is suggested to visit a doctor if the pain due to pancreatitis resolves or remains there.